As an entrepreneurial woman, do you feel like you are “Just Getting Started”, no matter how long you’ve been in business? It’s not the greatest feeling. I mean, you are working hard, putting in the hours, sacrificing time with your family and friends, and just when you achieve something, (silence), there is this silence, this quiet that comes upon you that feels very anticlimactic. It’s anticlimactic because you know you are on to the next thing. You are just getting started.
We never arrive. To think we do is naïve. When we arrive that means we have served our purpose and there is no need for us on this earth any more. I know that might sound a bit, morbid. We must humble ourselves to know that as long as we are here as wives, moms, daughters, entrepreneurs, children of Christ, that we have not arrived and will continue to realize we are Just Getting Started.
With that being said I want to respect your time and keep this short. Here is 1 thing that is very important to keep in mind whether you are just getting started in business and on your entrepreneurial journey, or you are just getting started for the 5th or 500th time.
“Staying true to your purpose is key to keeping you from getting distracted by opportunity.” ~Dena Adams~
You see, I was blessed to have been given a vision by God to serve His children. How special that was. I had no idea how to go about it. I turned to others and their expertise to tell me what to do. That was my first mistake.
If they don’t trust God and His ways they will sound like fools in their advice. The advice they have only makes sense to them because it is what they would tell themselves because of where they are in their life. I listened to many people over the years and strayed farther and farther from God’s truth. When I finally said enough is enough, I went back to the first thing God told me on this journey and I included something I had been fighting against all along. Sometimes our expertise is not our passion. Our expertise can be the vehicle to get us to our passion. Our purpose then is revealed. After years I couldn’t believe I was just getting started on the journey God originally planned for me.
I experienced this very epiphany. I am just getting started even though I started years ago. Now, all is falling into place, challenges are coming up against my walk with Christ for His glory, my vision has never been more clear or unraveled before my eyes so fast.
Here are a few things you can do to stay true to your purpose.
- Be completely honest with yourself, God’s vision and purpose for your life, and most importantly what you are hiding deep down on the inside. Even if you think everything is said and done, that’s when you get triggered and feel stuck even more than before. That is not the coach, it’s that you are not working with the coach that provides the inner work.
- Communicate well with yourself. We all grew up with little face charts (now we call them emoji’s) so we could express how we feel. The problem is we didn’t learn passion, vengeance, sorrow, joy, or any other emotion that wasn’t already categorized for us. Start to be aware with how you really feel, what you truly enjoy and don’t, where your weaknesses and strengths are, what you do and don’t need, and so on. If you can communicate effectively with yourself, just think how much better you can communicate with others.
- Take 100% responsibility for yourself. If you have issues being responsible for your 1% of the issue while the other person ignores their 99% you will take offense and be defensive at every turn in your business. You will discount the importance of a coach that specializes in something you deem yourself to be above or too good for. It doesn’t matter if you are a zeroaire or a zillionaire, everyone who has passed up learning the basics in anything might have a fracture in their foundation. Take the time to go back to basics to solidify your foundation.
These might seem like they aren’t important in business but they are dire to longevity, harmony, joy, and continued success in all areas of life, not just business. So if you truly are just getting started or you are just getting started for the millionth time, keep going, don’t give up, and remove your distractions.
I enjoyed sharing this with you. Keep an eye out for some blogs posts coming up that go more in-depth into each of these ares so you can strengthen your foundation in all areas of life, not just your business.
If you enjoyed this post, had an “aha” moment, or had even 1 thing that spoke to you I invite you to share that over in our
Blessings to you and yours Always,